Last updated on 19 juil. 2020
Published on April 1, 2020 Updated on July 19, 2020

Regardless of your country of residence, if you are not a national of a member-country of the European Economic Area, you must obtain a visa for France.

  • If you are a citizen of a member state of the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland you do not need a visa to study in France.
  • If you are a citizen of another country you must obtain a long-stay student visa before entering France. This visa is mandatory. It is not possible to obtain a visa once you have entered France.
  • Citizens of the following countries MUST apply for a visa on their country’s Campus France website: Algeria, Argentina, Benin, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo Brazzaville, Egypt, Gabon, Guinea, India, Indonesia, Iran, Japan, Lebanon, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritius, Mauritania, Mexico, Morocco, Peru, Senegal, Russia, South Korea, Syria, Taiwan, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, United States, Vietnam.
The link to the Campus France website is as follows: , you must replace "your country" with the name of your country in French.
Example: If you are a South Korean citizen, you will go to the website.

For non-european nationals residing in a country not indicated above, you must apply for a visa with the French Consulate in your country of residence.

IMPORTANT: if you reside in the European Union (EU) but do not hold the nationality of an EU member-state, you must obtain a long-stay student visa from a French Consulate in your EU country of residence.