Last updated on 23 oct. 2021
There are several ways to fund your studies in France. These range from scholarships to bursaries and grants offered by French Public Institutions, European programmes like Erasmus+, international institutions and organizations, and foreign governments.
Scholarships are the most common form of financial support and some of them may cover tuition fees and offer a monthly allowance to help international students with the cost of their studies and their day-to-day living expenses.

Discover the options available to help you fund your studies at Lumière Lyon 2

French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs Scholarships
Eiffel Excellence Scholarships

Offered by the French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs, this scholarship is intended to support international student recruitment in three priority areas of study: Economics and Management, Law and Political science. It encourages applications by students from emerging countries, especially from Asia, Latin America, Eastern Europe, the Middle East and the new EU Member States and, at doctoral level, from industrialized countries.
The Eiffel scholarship aims at funding Master level courses and PhD studies.
More information…

Excellence-Major Scholarships

Students holding a French Baccalaureate from a French Education Institute (fr. Lycée Français) can apply for this scholarship, granted by the French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs, to pursue their studies during five years in France.
More information in French…

French Embassies abroad scholarships

The Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs allocate study scholarships, and training grants through the Cooperation and Cultural Action Departments (fr. Service de Coopération et d’Action Culturelle) in French embassies and consulates abroad.
For more information, visit your Campus France local office website.

French Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation Bursaries
Some international students can be granted a bursary depending on their nationality and their status. They must have been residing in France for at least two years in France and be paying taxes in France. Student refugees can also apply for this financial aid. More information (in French)…
University Agency for Francophonie (AUF) Grants
The University Agency for Francophonie (fr. L’Agence Universitaire de la Francophonie or AUF) offers grants for students, teaching staff and researchers who wish to carry out international mobility in a French-language institution. AUF’s grants aim at funding Master Level courses, PhD studies, training programmes and teaching and research stays and visits. For more information, visit the AUF’s website (in French)…
Foreign governments and international institutions scholarships
Some countries offer international mobility scholarships to their national students. Contact the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the Ministry of Higher Education of your country to see the options available.

You can also use the Campus France’s Scholarship Search Engine to find the scholarship programme that suits you.

Erasmus+ Scholarships for international exchange students
Students can be granted an Erasmus+ scholarship for exchange studies and internships in Europe. Contact the International Relations Department of your University for more information.